Sunday, August 5, 2012

It's August 5, 2012 and I am pumped! Yesterday at the Willamette Writers conference in Portland I "pitched" Patzi Gil's film script adaptation  of my novel, "Betrayal" to two film producers. Normally, I'm told, producers seldom take any scripts at the pitch sessions, but both of them took Patzi's complete film script. They are interested. Of course, if a film is made of "Betrayal" people will want to see the sequel, "Retribution" in which Irwin Glass finally gets his own back. You can read the reviews at Amazon.com and both books are combined in a special bargain bundle for the Kindle and the Nook.  If you feel flushed you can order the custom printed paperback from lulu.com. I don't call this kind of book "print on demand" which is so uncool. I call these "custom printed" which is what they are. If you get a custom printed copy of a Harley Sachs book it is going to be a rare book, like one of the twelve copies of Walden Pond that survived when he burned the rest of his privately printed, now classic  book.  One of those rare copies of Walden Pond is worth a fortune now, and if you hang on to one my my custom printed, rare books, for a hundred years, you, too, can make a tron of money. I promise. Of course, I won't be around a hundred years from now, but you can dream. I have currently over thirty books available for custom printing, some of which are so unnoticed that nobody ever buys one, so you can be the first. Think of it. My number one reader!
Let's hope one of the roughly five producers who are considering Patzi's film script for a movie actually makes it. If you want an advance idea of what the story is about, you can download the book and its sequel for your Kindle or Nook.
If you haven't a Kindle or a Nook, consider that the Kindle, unlike the Nook, has a text to speech feature. You can get the gadget to read the book aloud to you through its own speakers or through plug in ear buds. Amazing technology.



No comments:

Post a Comment